dinsdag 16 februari 2010

The Badger in Me

I cant deny my power animal has found its way to my life. Ever since December 18th 2009 he is present in many things I do and even more in the thoughts I have.

As I find myself a way over the Badger lands here, I feel connected. I feel myself digged away, deep under the ground, where I can feel safe. Deep under ground where the Earths healing treasures are burried. Shining crystals, healing roots, lifegiving springwaters. All coming from the grounds I feel safe and comfortable in.

"Tugged away from the outside world, where I feel unwanted, hunted down, swept away by growing population. Not many knows that when they walk above my world, I am there too completely unaware, hiding in my own sacred place, until I put my head out to the world, when all that can harm me is gone. Feeling uncomfortable, I socialise a little, taking a walk for some nourishing foods that come from the grounds I feel safe in. I am clumsy because I am little scared and look around, investigating, but rely on ancient old pathways. Pathways that have always been there, and will be for a long time even when not in use for long times, but have been tryed to be erased many times. I find obstacles a lot on this pathway. Some are thrown there by others, yet I always find a way to continu. I may be scared to be in the outer world, but am strongly defending for what is my own, my life and what I live for. Don't mess with me, I know I look so innocent and cudly, I am most of the time, but sometimes I will defend with will to give my life for it.
I can't stay out for too long, so I soon will find my way back to safety again. Burried under ground, in my own world studying the healing powers of the Earth we live on, and I live in. My cozy livingplease covered with sweet smelling grasses and herbs, I clean it every few days, you know herbs loose their power and smell after a while. But it's true, even if I do like it to be on my own, I too need socialising. My living place is my own place where I retreat, heal, and am breaking down walls that I create over and over again. This is where I can't be hurt, am invisible to most. Only the ones who seek me will find me.
"

I just feel in many ways like a Badger does. I tried to write the part above here out of 2 combined views, the one of the animal Badger and one of my own feeling as if I am a Badger. Like you can read it from 2 point of views.

Badgers have been hunted down for many many decades, as they were assumed to be the devil in living form. Bringers of disease like pest and TBC, what many people are still believing up to the day you read this. Badger hunts are quite equal to witches hunts in medieval times. Whole badger dens prepared with fuel, all airways and escape tunnels closed off and set on fire, or simply by closing all the airtunnels and let it fill with water. Scared running away badgers that managed to escape, chased and killed by Daschhunds. Talking about those dogs, even when they are not really in use for Badgerhunts nowadays and are kept as family pets, still they all posses a strong nature to find and dig out Badger dens when they smell one. They do completely instinctive. My aunts Daschhund had been missing for 2 days after chasing a badger. He was found by a forest guard right below a note my aunt and uncle left on a tree just where they parked the car, sure that he would return there one day or another. And he did, he waited just there till someone called the forest guard. He was wounded. And this explains the lot of daschhunds that have destroyed noses, because Badgers bite their noses off in a flash. It makes me sad why this animals that can live in such harmony with humans has this reputation. People who have badger visitors love them all, they don't dig, kill or destroy, they just wander around, enjoying pieces of fruits left for them. They won't attack if not threatened, and Badgercups will have them selves petted if you take the time. I just don't understand why people hate them so much. Even in France where they eat Badger meat (even today you can still buy Badgermeat in butcheries specialised in poultry and wild meat) and for that matter hunt them a lot for their meat.

The more I learn about this animal, the more I see a reflection to myself. In the beginning I just found them funny and fascinating, but every day I learn more from them, and I feel like the Badger is a very strong power animal to me, he even overrules the Owl it feels like. Thinking at first he was just a temporary seasonal animal having a message for me, I changed that opinion. And, I am just very happy and proud to have a Badger right beside me. I may not have seen him yet, but I feel him very very strongly. And so is my Owl, she is there still with me and will be. I am just a Earth & Autumn child, connected to the creatures belonging to there. For me the Owl is like a shapeshifter, it can fly on the Air, but I feel it belonging to Autumn too. For whatever reason.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten