Maargoed, Wendy Rule. Een vrouw met een gigantisch krachtige diepdoordringende stem. Helaas specialiseert ze zich vaak in jazz muziek, waar ik een gruwelijke hekel aan heb. Ik vind daardoor niet alles even goed, maar er zijn nummers waarmee ik totaal overdonderd raak. Ik kan door de muziek heen ook horen dat ze een bijzondere enorm krachtige stem heeft, ook bij de bij mij minder geliefde jazzy nummers zal ik de laatste zijn te zeggen dat het troep is. De teksten zijn mooi en absoluut bezielt vanuit het hart. Bij haar vorige optreden hadden we ook een nummer waarin we onze drums mochten gebruiken. Ik had hem niet bij me helaas, maar mocht die van haar gebruiken. Wat een gelukzalig moment om zo met zn allen te drummen. Ik keek er nu dus ook zeker naar uit om dat vanavond weer te doen.
Eana was nog maar net 'geboren'. Ik had haar nog niet eerder voluit gehoord. Dat maakt het erg bijzonder voor mij.
We waren met zn twaalven in totaal. Een fijn aantal. En na een korte kennismaking waarin Wendy en Tim eerst de ruimte reinigden en voorbereiden, kon het beginnen. In een cirkel namen we eerst door welke sterrenbeelden we hadden. Een bijna unieke combinatie, vrijwel iedereen had een ander sterrenbeeld. De enigen die we misten waren de Stier en Ram.
Hierna heeft Wendy ons allemaal gesmudged onder begeleiding van haar chanten en Tim op de sjamanenfluit. Hierna legden we de energetische cirkel door elkaars handen vast te houden en energie rond te laten stromen. Een heel erg fijn en mooi moment. Wat kunnen dit soort simpele dingen toch zo goed voelen.
Een simpel ritueel voor dankbaarheid volgde hierop, als aanroeping van de elementen. Om beurten mochten we allemaal zeggen waarvoor we een element dankbaar waren. Beginnend met Lucht, dan Vuur, Water, Aarde en tot slot Spirit. Ik kan mezelf nog steeds verbazen over de woorden die ik vond. Het was weer zo'n moment dat mijn innerlijke kracht voor mij sprak. Woorden die niet van mijzelf lijken te komen, maar alsof iemand voor mij sprak. Zo'n hartverwarmend moment. Ik weet niet alles meer wat ik zei, maar de woorden van Lucht bleven me bij. 'Thankfull to be given the inspiration for life, given the wings to fly and oversee my dreams and fly them on to reality.'
Ten slotte deden we nog 1 maal alle elementen aanroepen. Letterlijk en begon daarna de eerste meditatie. Allemaal werden ze begeleid door de betoverende magische stem van Wendy, begeleid door Tim op de sjamanenfluit en soms beiden op gitaar en/of drum. De elementen volgden elkaar in dezelfde volgorde als bij de opening.
Omdat ik mezelf vaak beter kan uiten in het Engels (vraag me niet waarom....) laat ik deze teksten vooralsnog onvertaald (ik heb deze blog namelijk van een andere blog geplukt ;-) ).
LUCHT
Wendy
guided us into the element enchanting its power and meaning, taking is
into the air, giving enough space to create our own world. I merely
experienced it flying through weeping trees together with my Owl. All
around the world, to places important to me. To Avebury, to Iceland,
watching auroras dancing with them. And suddenly fell softly back on
Earth. Then all of a sudden I felt like being transformed into a
dandelion seed waiting to lift of to a place to set roots. Flying with
your little Mother Nature parachute, dancing the winds. And now while I
reflect this evening one day later, I experience the after effect,
because only now I see this message it beholds, to leave the area that I
spend my life at, to lift of to another. Of course it will happen I
move away. But things really get pushy now. Little dandelion seed...
flowing gently to a new ground.
FIRE
It
is getting feisty, the element of Fire. It is a dance meditation with
rattles. The ever uplifting voice of Wendy reaches every vessle of your
body, as we cannot fight the will to let our bodies move with the spirit
of fire. Fire is my starsign, and I know Fire is my strong element as
well. But here the effect of the past days comes to surface. Ever since I
get into this pagan path ways certain emotions and feelings have coming
alive. I never have been someone to jump and dance in abundance. I
never felt a need. Until I stept on pagan pathways. I want to dance and
frolic, but I didn't understand why... why I could never show it, why if
I ever did attempt to, my body simply cannot cooperate. I cannot dance
and move my arms at the same time. And at this moment standing there, I
understand why... It is the autism that causes it. My brain cannot push
forward all the sparks that are needed. The woody stiff bodies that most
autistics like I have is significant. All I can do is live with the
idea I am dancing wild and free, while I am gentle moving like water,
calm tranquile motions. Seaweeds dancing underneath the waves. And just
for the very first time it doesnt bother me that my heart spirit and
body want to dance wild and free. I know they do, in my own special
way.
And who knows, maybe one
day... I will be capable. I have to learn I have to try. But for me it
is victory that I already show motion.
But
basicly from the meditation itself, I cannot remember a lot. It was a
dance trance, just let your body dance. Nothing more, nothing less. But
wonderfull. Spiritual.
WATER
Water
is the element that I feel very attached to. It may be a phase I am
going through or just be part of me, that I am more a Water type than
Earth type. I don't know, but this was a very strong part of the ritual
meditation.
I started my
journey here floating on Bla Lunid, Blue Lagoon on Iceland. Floating,
gently carried by the tiny waves on this warm, mineral blue milky
waters. Nourished, craddled and then something gently pulled me under
the surface. When I got back up, I was among a lot of puffins, their
beautifull colored faces, so close! Flying over the ocean, I transformed
into a dolphin. Playing, jumping, diving, singing... ever growing until
I was a killer whale. Big black and white, beautifull, clickering the
oceans. I swam along the shored of the land, towards the north. Where
ice and snow met.
I made a
dive deep down the icecold see, I didn't notice the cold that much, but
the water got hotter and hotter, bubbles appeared it was so hot it
started to cook. I was no longer a killer whale. I more felt like a heat
resistant selkie. It was so hot, and the water colored red. I must have
gone so deep in the Earth that lava started to mingle with the Water.
To the place where all elements meet. The Earth, the Air, the Fire and
still the Water.
Before I knew
it I was shooting out from the surface, being a geisir. I think I was a
spirit of the geisir. The amazing feeling to slowely cool down, and
pour out on the Earth surface after a moment of dancing on this colomn
of water below me. And falling down in a pool. When I was returning to
the surface, I was once again at the Blue Lagoon. Strange enough to be
accompanied by otters and beavers. Swimming and playing around me. While
those creatures do not excist in Iceland it was a bit odd for me to see
them here. But they also felt familiar. I floated on my back, closed my
eyes and Wendy called us in to return to now. What a wonderfull journey
through the element.
EARTH
Earth...
lovable element... ritual drumming, the first sounds of Eána at full
power. At home I rarely play her at full power, because it is a strong
sound, and because I feel more happy drumming in a group, which I dont
have available. I was delighted, really and so curious to the sound.
Wendy started to show us the beat of Earth. I tried, but it didn't last
long, before Eána changed me to HER beat. Not very different but...
woow... this felt amazing! What an incredible sound, which to me
appeared the loudest of all. But that was of course because she was
closest. Because she is oval she has sometimes a clashing echo in her
sound and I love that one. I wish this meditation lasted forever. I so
much can't wait to play her again! Even if I am afraid I will forget her
rhythm. I know she will teach me again, but still...
During
this drumming she took me back to the ancient land, the sound of Wendy
transformed into a smooth joik echoing through the forests of time. My
drum came alive in the spirit of its origins. So was I... I wish I could
take her to Iceland. To just find myself surrounded only by nature.
Eána. All around.
SPIRIT
The
last part was to honor the Spirit. It was not necesary a meditation in
the sense to loose yourself in a moment. We did a vocal infusion. Where
we would all just make a voice together, our true voice. No matter
where, how, or in what situation I do this, it always gives me
goosebumps. Some people do have incredible creative voices, and while
most stay in one sound, some change from high to low, improvising and
swirls through the fountain of sound. At last Wendy added the elements
and blessings into it. It is such an amazing thing. I know they do it
also as ending to the ceremonies at the Glastonbury Goddess Temple. I am
still goosebumped if I think about it.
I am convinced the Spirit has heard and honored this vocal fountain.
Na afloop van de workshop, hebben we alle elementen bedankt. Op een voor mij bijzondere en uitdagende manier. Door hun naam te roepen, schreeuwen, krijsen, zingen, gorgelen, mompelen op welke manier je ook maar voelde dat je wilde. Bij sommigen kwam het er zo enorm mooi uit. Het was een kakelfonie aan geluid en uitingen. Elk element natuurlijk op zijn/haar beurt.
De cirkel werd weer geopend, maar zal voortbestaan. Want we gaan er vanuit dat dit niet de laatste keer was. En we sloten af met een cookie and mead ceremony. Traditioneel he, op krachten komen met wat lekkers. Mede ;-) chocolade, fruit, noten, koekjes. Een heerlijk naborrel moment.
En zeker weten als deze workshop weer komt, ik ga hem weer doen. Ik hou van dit soort momenten, en wou dat het wat vaker op mijn pad kwam. Het houd me op de been, en mijn mindere gevoelens heel ver op afstand.
De volgende dag was het optreden van Wendy en Tim. En wat was ik blij met het compliment dat ik kreeg over mijn manier hoe ik over de elementen sprak. En dan besef ik op zo'n moment dat het niet ik was die die woorden zei. Niet de ik van dit moment. Het is mijn hart, mijn ware ik. Dit soort complimentjes heeft een diepere betekenis. En misschien net dat klopje wat ik nodig heb. Om me er bewust van te zijn en te blijven dat Avalon nog echt wel leeft in mij. Al vind ik het steeds moeilijker om er contact mee te houden.

Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten